August 25, 2014 at 11:40 am
ICYMI: The BIG SWIM 2014 was a huge success. Thank you to all the swimmers, kayakers, and volunteers that made it happen. This year we have raised over $300,000 for Brigadoon Village. Here is a news clip from CBC PEI on August 17. Go to 5m20s to see it!
is canadian generic viagra safe and effective
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Halifax
August 21, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Looking to participate in a charity ride this fall, but can't commit to the BIG RIDE? Here is your chance! The BIG RIDE is opening up its last leg to the public, from Truro to Halifax. The one-day event will depart Victoria Park, in Truro at 9:00 am on September 27, 2014. There is a registration fee of $50 and minimum fundraising required of $100. All funds raised are in support of Dr. Ryan Rhodes cancer prevention research, through the Canadian Cancer Society.
The ride will be fully supported, with water and refreshment stops, and all participants are welcome to join the BIG RIDE wrap-up party at the Halifax Commons!
Register here to secure your spot!
The 2014 BIG RIDE takes riders from Canada's capital city to Canada's ocean playground. Riders will travel east through amazing scenery in Canada and the United States in a new, shorter format. Join us for an 8-day cycle from Ottawa, ON to Halifax, NS.
August 20, 2014 at 8:23 am
The BIG RIDE is looking for two volunteers to travel with us as RV drivers. The volunteers must be available from September 18th to September 28th to drive the RVs from Halifax to Ottawa, and back. Drivers must be comfortable with driving a 30 foot RV, patient enough to drive behind cyclists, and have a sense of adventure! No fundraising is required, although it is encouraged! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
August 20, 2014 at 8:22 am
The BIG RIDE is looking for two volunteers to travel with us as RV drivers. The volunteers must be available from September 18th to September 28th to drive the RVs from Halifax to Ottawa, and back. Drivers must be comfortable with driving a 30 foot RV, patient enough to drive behind cyclists, and have a sense of adventure! No fundraising is required, although it is encouraged! Contact email@example.com with any questions.
August 19, 2014 at 4:02 pm
Wow a weekend! I just wanted to send a quick note out to everyone involved in the Big Swim and especially to my kayakers.
Firstly, I’m going through gear and equipment that we have collected and will be posting pics of what we have found. If you have retained any gear that is not yours, can you please touch base with me as we are missing a few items. If you are missing something please contact me. I will send out more detailed emails shortly, along with a request for feedback.
Secondly, I feel the best way to sum up my thanks is with the word GRATITUDE:
- For all the enthusiasm and support shown by all the swimmers, kayakers, lifeguards, boat operators, volunteers, paramedics, CCG, DFO, EMS, Richard and the staff at Nature Center and Peggy at Costal Cabins. Normally in events such as these you have a majority of super involved and excited people and then some that are just there for the ride. Not with the BIG SWIM, everyone pulls together.
- To the organizing committee, Captain Neatt, John Hughes, and my core group of kayakers, there is no way it would have gone as smoothly without all your hard work.
- To all the new people involved this year that had to prepare to swim and paddle, and obtain the requirements to participate. Next year you will be the veterans to a whole group of newbies.
- To all our friends, families, loved ones we remember and the kids at Brigadoon. You are the inspiration and our rocks when things get rough.
- For having some issues on water that put our rescue systems to the test, and being able to respond and keep everyone safe.
- And lastly, to be grateful that we live in a country and a society that allows us to give of ourselves freely, to have the resources to give to those less fortunate and the health to try and attempt what at first may seem impossible, but leave us astounded at our accomplishments.
See you next year!
August 17, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Wow. What an amazing day! We saw so much spirit and grit today. We cheered and cried and celebrated each and every swimmer.
There will be more updates in the next couple days. For now, just know that we are once more humbled by the outpouring of support from everyone involved and feeling super blessed to have shared the day with all of you.
August 17, 2014 at 3:03 pm
Last swimmer is on shore!
August 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm
The wonderful restaurant has an RBC bank card belonging to Darryl Snelgrove, an would love to return it to you!
August 17, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Curtis Hamilton has hit the shore! Congrats Curtis!