BIG RIDE 2014 – Parliament Hill to Citadel Hill
Ottawa, ON to Halifax, NS
September 19 – September 27, 2014
GIVETOLIVE is bringing the BIG RIDE home to Halifax!
The 2014 BIG RIDE takes riders from Canada’s capital to Canada’s ocean playground. Riders will travel east through amazing scenery in Canada and the United States in a new shorter format. Join us for an 8-day cycle from Ottawa, ON to Halifax, NS.
We will start the BIG RIDE in Canada’s beautiful capital city and cycle through some of the top travel destinations in the northeast including:
- Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Ontario
- Adirondack Mountains, upstate New York
- Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont
- White Mountain National Forest, New Hampshire
- Fundy National Park, New Brunswick
- Shubenacadie Canal System, and chain of Lakes, Nova Scotia
You can bet we’re going to have a great big party when the BIG RIDE rolls into GIVETOLIVE’s hometown!
Tell Me More!
Registration is OPEN! Visit http://convio.cancer.ca/bigride2014 to register and to set up your fundraising page. The registration fee is $200 and includes an event jersey and BIG RIDE medal, RV accommodations during the ride and a finish line event in Halifax! Confirm your spot on the BIG RIDE by July 25th. Registrants after that date will be accepted as RV space permits. Please contact email@example.com for details.
The BIG RIDE is a relay-style charity bike ride. You will be part of a team of 5-6 riders who will cycle together each day and share an RV for the duration of the ride. Each team will cycle approximately 100 km/day and will cover additional mileage in the RV. We will park in a different location each night in a campground or church/community group parking lot.
Riders can expect to cycle an average of 100 km a day for eight days over rolling terrain. Depending on our accommodations for the night, cycling legs could be as short as 75 km and as long as 160 km. We will ride in all weather, unless conditions are unsafe for cycling, so pack layers and be prepared for anything.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the BIG RIDE, regardless of your past cycling experience! You do not have to be an experienced cyclist to register. Some of our past participants were new to cycling when they signed up for the BIG RIDE. If you’re willing to train for it, the BIG RIDE is a totally achievable challenge. Our riders are brought together around a common goal of taking on a personal challenge for a cause that is important to them. Many of the BIG RIDE Alumni have already registered for this year’s event and we encourage you to join us this September!
The BIG RIDE supports the research of Dr. Ryan Rhodes into preventing cancer through exercise. Through the Canadian Cancer Society, GIVETOLIVE has committed to raising $300,000 for this research from 2013-2015. Our mission is to inspire people to live happy and healthy loves through Generosity, Fitness and Achievement of the Extraordinary. Dr. Rhodes research is a perfect fit for GIVETOLIVE and we are proud to support his cancer prevention research through the BIG RIDE. Each rider will raise a minimum of $4,000. We have lots of fundraising tips to share and will support you in your fundraising efforts!
A Few Details:
- Friday September 19: Arrive in Ottawa before 6:00 PM and evening Meet & Greet dinner.
- Saturday, September 20: Orientation and Ride departs Ottawa.
- Saturday, September 27: Arrive in Halifax, Finish line celebration!
- Registration Fee is only $200. Accommodations and transportation during the ride are included in the registration fee! Registration closes on July 25.
- Each participant must raise at least $4,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society. ($3,000 by Sept 1 and the balance by Sept 19).
- Participants will be responsible for travel to the start and from the finish and meals during the ride.
Event Info and Updates
Want more inspiration??
Check out the BIG RIDE video links on the sidebar.
In Partnership with:
Confirm your spot on the BIG RIDE by July 25th. Registrants after that date will be accepted as space permits. Please contact best canadian pharmacy for viagra for more details